Home

11 November, 2009

Same Difference?

Hi Y'all

I did have some time to do some reading today after all. However, I did not read about literary genres as I had planned. Instead I had a look at a list of literary devices.

Two devices which are commonly confused are paradox and oxymoron. They are actually similar, but very different. :-D.

An oxymoron is a contradiction in terms, for example, same difference.. :-D!

A paradox, however, is a situation created that cannot exist as different elements cancel out each other. One commonly known paradox is, "it was the best of times, it was the worst of times."

A list of more literary devices can be found here and a list of oxymorons can be found here.

Well, I'm off to do some more reading before heading to bed.

Bye everybody. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment