Home

29 October, 2009

The Beauty of Literature

Photo compliments : wikimedia.org
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Odysseus_and_Nausicaa.jpg



Hey y'all

Today I spent some time reading about Greek and Roman mythology as these had always interested me. I was scrolling through a list of Greek gods and heroes and their equivalent in Roman society when I came across the name Odysseus - a name which i came across while reading about ancient literature. His story is a very interesting one, and to my surprise I had already watched it dramatized many times in the movie "Troy". The bulk of his story was made known to us over the years through Homer's "Iliad" and "Odyssey". It is amazing how these epic poems written in the 8th century B.C could be used to tell the life story of the great Odysseus even up to today.

You can find out more about Odysseus and other Greek and Roman heroes and gods - Here . In the mean time, I'm off to finish read a book I picked up from my shelf yesterday, The Mineral Palace by Heidi Julavits.

Bye!!!



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment