Home

02 September, 2009

Birds, Birds, Birds!!



Peter Markham Scott - Grey Geese Over The Sea ©
http://www.street-gallery.co.uk/





Hi all, I have been taking some time off to read up the biography some of many artists n Canada. It is interesting how the taste of each artist vary. One thing i noted that is quite common is their love for nature. The environment is truly an amazing source of inspiration that never fades away.
Anyway, I am sure that some of you are waiting to figure out who will be the next Canadian artist featured in my post. This next artist sure has tremendous ability but you will have to wait for my next post to figure out who this artist is.
However, I don't intend on keeping any of my findings away from you guys. While searching, I stumbled upon an image and I thought to myself, "If i was that artist, what would I be singing as I work on my art pieces?" My song would probably be, Birds, Birds, Birds... or something of that nature. I must admit, he captures the birds at their most spectacular moments in his paintings.
The artist Peter Markham Scott (1909 - 1989) a British naturalist, conservationist artist and author, with a great passion for wildlife traveled all over the world painting rare birds. He founded the Severn Wildfowl Trust (now the Wildlife and Wetlands Trust) and co-founded the World Wildlife Fund (now the World Wide Fund for Nature) and these are just a few of his contributions to the conservationist society.
I know you will be stunned by the beauty of his work. Have a look at some of his pieces here - The Street Gallery - I know you will be amazed at the detailing of his work.

Birds are beautiful. I think I will take some time to do a painting of national bird of my homeland. Hope it doesn't give away my nationality, Anyway. have fun viewing Peter Markham Scott's art. Bye!



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment